Just because the weather outside is cold, that doesn’t mean you have to stay cooped up indoors all winter long. There are plenty of fun activities and hobbies that seniors can enjoy during the winter months, and Philly is the perfect place to do them! Read on for our list of 9 great winter hobbies for seniors in Philadelphia.
1. Go ice skating at Dilworth Park. Glide around the outdoor rink with friends or family while taking in some fresh air and beautiful views of City Hall.
2. Visit the Please Touch Museum. With dozens of interactive exhibits, this museum is sure to keep you entertained for hours on end.
3. Take a walk through Rittenhouse Square. One of Philly’s most iconic parks, Rittenhouse Square is especially beautiful in the wintertime when it’s covered in a blanket of snow.
4. Warm up with a cup of hot chocolate from Antony & Cleopatra’s Cafe. This historic cafe has been serving up delicious hot chocolate for over 100 years – definitely worth a try!
5. Catch a show at the Walnut Street Theatre. Philadelphia’s oldest theatre is still putting on top-notch performances day after day, so be sure to check out what’s playing during your visit.
6. Shop till you drop at Reading Terminal Market. With over 100 vendors selling everything from fresh produce to handmade goods, this market has something for everyone – and it’s the perfect place to find unique gifts for your loved ones back home.
7. Explore Philadelphia’s Magic Gardens. With mosaics adorning every inch of this indoor/outdoor space, you’ll be amazed at what you see around every corner.
8. Take a cooking class at Sur La Table. If you’re a foodie, this is the perfect activity for you! Learn how to make new dishes from some of Philly’s best chefs, then take your newfound skills home with you and impress your friends and family members.
9. Discover local artists at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. This world-renowned art institution offers free admission to all visitors, so be sure to take advantage and explore its many galleries and exhibitions
There are tons of great winter activities seniors can enjoy in Philadelphia – from exploring the city’s many museums and historic sites to getting active outdoors or trying something new like cooking or Zumba classes. So get out there and enjoy all that Philly has to offer this winter season!